Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Time To Step Up

There is something I am really having trouble with that I need to get off my chest, and that is the American People who have felt so enabled for so long that they have come to take everything, including freedom, for granted. It's becoming very troubling because through the school system, and the new Common Core Curriculum, they have redefined true freedom in the minds of many.

I see it in many places, mainly regarding the 2nd Amendment since that right secures all the others, so I will address that one now, but they are all in severe jeopardy, the 1st and 4th are just as severely endangered and are violated everyday across America with impunity.

You will see that a State that has a pretty strong Right to bear Arms Amendment in place, but because of that people become very nonchalant about it because they take it as a given, however when complacency takes over that is what allows the "regime" to start to nibble away at it.
There is usually very little resistance in the beginning, because it seems so benign, until they have gained a pretty strong grip.
Once that happens the true Patriots will get active because they have heard the knock. However the job now becomes much more arduous because the freedom grabbers have become much more emboldened and embedded in the political system.

I have seen it in several states where I have lived prior to VT, and now I see it here, oh we have a strong active group alright but we are a very small percentage of the people who are strong believers in our right to keep and bear arms, but they appear as not willing to nip it in the bud. They have started attacking our gun rights here now, which was a position only a few years ago considered to be political suicide as described to me by our sitting Gov, as crossing the Political Rubicon.

We have, according to surveys, a little over 40% of our VT population are gun owners and that number is a very low estimate because of our liberal laws in that there are many more that are unknown for various, and sometimes obvious reason's.

I live in a small village of about 13 houses and every one in town, that I know of anyway, has at least one firearm, and believe in the right to own one, so we're at near 100 % here and I'm of the opinion that it's the same in all of the Northeast Kingdom, but we'll let it go at 40% since it is an accepted number even by the anti gun crowd.
So at the very 1st hint of an attack on our 2nd Amendment, or Vermont's equivalent which is Article 16, in any village or town in the State, we should have at least half of our known gun owners make muster in support of any attack on our God given freedom.

Since there are, and I'll be conservative, @ 600K here, so a rough guess of @ 350K adults, consequently @ 140k Gun owners, if only 50% of the owners even cared that's @ 70K protesters showing up.
With turnouts like that it would not take them very long to show them we are serious, even if that historical 3% from the American Revolution days shows up, that's still a minimum of 2100 people.

Since I've been active in this regard, about 10 yr's in VT, we'll get on a Statewide event of maybe 500 Max , that was the case at the last one I attended in Montpelier anyway, in the latest event I attended in Burlington we we had a woeful 100 supporters tops, and believe it or not I was happy with that number, but very dismayed by the lack of interest and support.

Once the tyrannical leaders gain a stronger toe hold it gets very difficult, maybe even impossible, to get completely back to ground zero, world history bears that out.

The politicians we elect take an Oath to uphold the Constitution, not their interpretation of it, but the actual interpretation, and yet still have no concept of "shall not be infringed" which is  pretty simple.When you got the explanation of that as a child by your Mom and Dad it did not take you long to learn what "don't do that" meant. So maybe they just need a good spanking and sent to their rooms to get them squared away.

I had/have a copy of an answer to a letter I received from a US senator from VT. I won't mention his name here but I will if someone asks me and I will even send you a copy. I had reminded him about honoring his Oath concerning the State and US Constitution, he wrote back and I was very happy as I read that he was a "strong believer in the Constitution" but then sank as I read in his closing remark, that he believed however that " like everything in life it was not absolute".I don't know about any of you but that doesn't sound like any true Oath Keeper that I know now, or have known, or would want having my back as my defender.

Anyway I was on a website this mornings reading about politicians committing to their Constitutional Oath and the site is named "Uphold my Oath" and found a link to a You Tube video of a presentation by a Cuban Immigrant from The Castro Days and his comments concerning our freedom, especially the 2nd Amendment. Which should be viewed by everyone.

He said it better than I could ever do it since he has lived on both sides and he said quite succinctly, and I agree, "that we can never appreciate  freedom since we have never lost it".




I am so worried that if we do not wake up and get every freedom loving Patriot involved soon, we could be giving the same speech in the next free country we live in, which sadly might not be here.

After watching the video I hope you agree and join a local and or a national gun rights group, or even if guns aren't your thing it can be any group that totally supports, without yielding, all our Founding Documents.
Which are all to valuable and cherished to let slip into oblivion.
Once you get going do not relent, stay active, and stay committed so history will judge you by what you passed on to your heirs not what you deprived them of.

Don't get duped like I did for a while by just training, planning and prepping for the collapse, which seems to me now to an effort in futility so to minimize the results of defeat, instead get active and do your best not to survive the collapse, but prevent it, the climb out from the total collapse is unimaginable by most.

Implore in your strongest means that our elected officials understand, and honor, their Oaths of office and let them know the tyrannical path they are heading down cannot, and will not, be allowed to continue.
May God Bless all of you and Our Sacred Republic.
Jim
Ovr'n out